Thursday, August 2, 2018

Welcome!

Dear Kindergarteners and Families,

I am so excited and honored to be your Kindergarten teacher! I am eager and curious to learn more about each of you, as I’m sure you are of me. So here’s a little bit…

My name is Renee Connor and I was born and raised as the middle child of a big family in a small farming community in Wisconsin. After receiving my Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, I moved across the country to this amazing sunny state! I began my career as a preschool teacher for two years and I fell in love with teaching! This is my fourth year teaching Kindergarten at Archway Arete and I am looking forward to our year together!
Some of my favorite things include running, reading, Broadway Musicals, cooking, hiking, or anything that keeps me active! I am the proud owner of two adorable four legged friends; a chocolate lab fur baby named Adonae and a stray we rescued named Cooper. They bring so much joy to my life! I recently got engaged to the most amazing man and my best friend!
Visiting my beautiful family this summer. :) 

Jay and Renee visiting family in Wyoming. 

I would also like to introduce you to our amazing teacher assistant, Mrs. Cardinal-Kiss;



My name is Josephine Cardinal-Kiss, and I am a second generation Arizonian. I grew up as the only child with my family in the East Valley area, and I attended Arizona State University to obtain a bachelor’s degree in English in 2015. Before coming to Great Hearts to teach Athenaeum in 2016, I worked at a preschool, as a nanny to a three-month-old, and at a writing tutoring center.

In my spare time, I love to read, practice yoga, and eat great food. I have a wonderful husband and a fuzzy gray cat at home that keep my life entertaining and full of joy.

I truly love to see young people make new discoveries about themselves and about the world around them! I am so excited to start this new journey as a kindergarten teaching apprentice with Ms. Connor, and to begin our school year in KB! I  am looking forward to meeting each new student, and discovering their unique personality traits and insights.

 
Mrs. Cardinal-Kiss on her wedding day! 

This school year is going to be filled with rich learning experiences both in our classroom and out, and I cannot wait to be a part of it!  My hope is that our classroom will be a safe, comfortable and joyful place of discovering, sharing and learning. :) 
Much love,
Ms. Connor and Mrs. Cardinal-Kiss
















No comments:

Post a Comment